The use of this Site and its services is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which you may access at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page on this Site. We welcome members of all ages to this Site and its services. We strongly encourage members under thirteen years old to access our services only with parental consent and supervision in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
1. Information we collect about you
As with any other site on the Internet, we collect certain information about you that may identify you personally through your use of this Site and its services, such as:
The Profile Information that we collect includes:
- Mandatory basic information that is provided during our member registration process, including your first and last name, location (city, state, and country), gender, nationality, mobile number, email address, and birthday; and
- Additional payment information needed to process orders.
We do not collect any of this information about you when you visit the Site unless you give us that information.
Site Use and Access. In order to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site, we also keep track of the actions you take on the Site, such as:
- Searching for brands or products;
- Adding products to your cart;
- Reviewing products;
- RSVPing for an event; and
- Publishing content and comments on product pages and blogs
- Store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to log in whenever you come back to the Site;
- Assess the technical function of the Site; and
- Track information about which pages you visit within the Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of the Site or our content.
- Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your Internet connection that does NOT identify you personally, such as:
- The IP address of the computer or device you used to access the Internet;
- The browser type and operating system you use to access our Site;
- The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site; and
- The pages you visit.
2. How we use your personal information
We use personal information that you give us to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of member interest; consider potential improvements to our Site; and provide a forum to connect people and organizations.
The following list provides some specific examples of the ways we may use information about you:
- If you request it, we match your preferences with organizations and products that meet your criteria. We use your Profile Information to email you about these prospects.
- If you request materials from us, we also ask that you provide us with certain personal information for distribution purposes. We may also use that personal information to determine the level of interest in our offerings.
- We may use your Profile Information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your online requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may also use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to determine whether you qualify for any services for which you request online.
- We may use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Site.
- We may use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to occasionally contact you with service-related announcements. You may opt out of all communications except essential Site notifications. We may also include content you see on TheGoodStore.ph in the emails we send to you.
- You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding the services or to request additional information by following the links on the “Contact Us” section of our Site. These links require you to give certain personal information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
- If you submit a friend’s email address to make use of our “Recommend” and “Invite” features, we use the email address to mail your message and then delete it from our records.
- When you ask us to invite a friend to join the Site or connect with you or your organization, we will send your friend a message on your behalf using your name. We may also send up to two reminders to them in your name.
- We will only disclose your personal information to others without first obtaining your consent in the following circumstances:
- Complying With Law Enforcement. Like any other site, we may be asked to provide personal information about our members in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings and may disclose such information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the Philippines.
- Preventing Fraud and Other Illegal Activity. We may also share personal information about our members when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect both ourselves and you from people violating our Terms and Conditions. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Coordinating With Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers. We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to your personal information. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. We may also share Member-Created Content about our members with feed partners (such as other volunteer opportunity listing websites), in order to further promote your organization or listings. Please remember that, although we endeavour to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions. In certain instances, we may have a good faith belief that it is necessary to disclose personal information in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this Site.
We do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual for commercial or marketing purposes.
3. Third Party Links
4. How we protect information
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (like your password), the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also reserve the right to analyze accounts for fraudulent or irregular behaviour and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
Although you can change your privacy options to limit outside access to your account, please be aware that none of these security measures are impermeable. We cannot control the actions of other Site members and third party organizations. You can reduce the inherent risks associated with social networking by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us as outlined in the section below.
5. Questions and concerns
6. Changes to this policy